While you could think that radio is not as important as television or other things, the truth of the matter is that radio celebrities can easily make as much money has film or television stars. If you think about it, they could even earn more money since the stations are not forking out cast for make-up artists, film crews, and everything else that goes into a movie or television series to make it appealing to look at. You cut out that factor when you get into radio, so the production should be far less costly.
So who are the best-paid radio personalities in the United States? I think you may be surprised.
- Howard Stern: Howard Stern starts out this list as the wealthiest American radio personality and the richest radio personality in the world. At a net worth of an impressive $550 million, Stern is not just the envy of other radio personalities, but he is the envy of film stars as well who would certainly love to be making the kind of money he does. That said, the reason that he is paid so much is that he is very good at his job.
- Rush Limbaugh: The antithesis of Howard Stern, Rush Limbaugh is the second highest paid American radio personality, with a whopping $400 million. Limbaugh, like Stern, is hated about as much, if not more, than he is liked. The Rush Limbaugh Show is the highest radio show that is currently on the radio.
- Glenn Beck: Another conservative radio personality, Glenn Beck is worth an estimated $250 million. He is considered a highly successful political analyst. He has also written six very successful books and had a television show as well before it was canceled in 2008. The Glenn Beck Radio Show is still on air and going strong.
- Harry Shearer: If you look at the wages of the other radio personalities first, you might think that Shearer’s net worth is almost reasonable, but coming in at $65 million, he is still making much more money than other celebrities. He has been in show business his entire life, having started out with The Jack Benny Program and working as a writer on Saturday Night Live in the 1980s. He is also the voice of several characters on the long-running cartoon The Simpsons. His radio show, Le Show is one of the longest running comedic radio shows on air.
- David Ramsey: While the other radio personalities are making us laugh or cry in frustration, David Ramsey wants to help us out on the top of money. And with a net worth of $55 million, he had better have some good insight about it. He is the host of The David Ramey Show which is presently syndicated on more than 500 radio stations across the United States.
6. Michael Medved: Michael Medved is the host of the appropriately named The Michael Medved Show. He is well-known for his discussions on politics as well as not being shy with sharing his opinions on any topic that comes his way. His show is currently broadcast across 200 different radio stations and he has an impressive 4.75 million listeners each week. His net worth is thought to be about $35 million.
7.Don Imus: Yes Don Imus is still kicking around. His radio show, Imus in the Morning has been on since 1973. He has been taken off air several times because of his on air pranks that were hard to censor by the stations. Finally 20 years after he started, is show became nationally syndicated in 1993. His net worth is about $35 million.